What is Prospecting?
Prospecting is aggressively doing what other agents will not do so our home sellers achieve results other sellersdo not achieve. I arrive at the office each morning at 8:00am to begin compiling all of our leadsources and rehearsing the unique value proposition for each of our listings. At 9:00am I puton a headset and begin calling the following people:
- Any web inquiries, sign callers or agents who have asked about your house
- Neighbors on your street and adjacent areas: I tell them your house is for sale and Iask them, “Who do you know who is looking to buy or sell a home in the near future?”
- All ‘For Sale By Owners’, ‘Expired Listings’, and new ‘Active Listings’ in the nearbyareas. The vast majority of people selling their homes are relocating in the same area.They are upsizing, downsizing, or wanting something different. I ask all of the people,“Where are you planning on moving when you sell your home?”
- All Past Clients and our Circle of Influence: I ask each of these friends and past clients,“Who do you know who is looking to buy or sell a home?”
- I have a database of local Buyers and Investors that I call, asking them what they arecurrently looking for.
- My minimum standard is to spend 2 hours a day Monday through Friday prospectingfor buyers for our listed properties.